How It Works
These pools require the $THOR token to be locked up to gain access. Then the community will be able to stake the respective token held on the AVAX network, with rewards returned in the chosen staked token, the Vesper token ($VSP), and for some, even the $THOR token. On launch day, we will boost the rewards for all 7 seven pools by a variable percentage via the $THOR token based on TVL. With this setup, we will drastically reduce the emissions versus Single-Sided Staking.
While the amount of $THOR required is low per person, this allows a more extensive audience both in and out of the community to buy $THOR and lock it up to access these pools.
You will need to stake 50 $THOR tokens to access these pools to participate.
- Until all deposits and rewards are withdrawn, $THOR will remain staked in the pool.
- There will be a 2-hour warm-up period with a 0% withdrawal fee if users change their minds about depositing in the pools.
Note: The price was initially 10 $THOR required to access the pools, but is subject to change based on TVL. This has been updated to 50 $THOR currently.
Should you choose to withdraw from the pools at any time, we created a fee structure with the intent to even the playing field.
- Investments of $0 — $10,000 will have a .5% withdrawal fee for each pool.
- Investments of $10,000+ will have a 1% withdrawal fee for each pool.
- This Fee Structure allows the “Small Fish” to get ahead with lower fees while allowing the “Whale” to auto-compound via their more significant stake, recouping the fee either way.
Please also note that Vesper has a “Universal Fee” charging 2% annually on the assets deposited at rebalancing time. If this fee is greater than 50% of the interest earned, then the fee will only equate to 50% of the interest earned.
Due to the additional $THOR token incentive related to the pools and our minimal fee structure, users will be motivated to stake through ThorFi rather than just going through Vesper directly.
The diagram below illustrates how this will flow: